List Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $19.99
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Lysine is an essential amino acid, which means your body cannot manufacture it so it must be obtained through the diet or by supplementation. Lysine is an essential component of all proteins and works with other essential amino acids to maintain growth, lean body mass, and the body's store of nitrogen. Lysine acts as a precursor for several other amino acids, including L-Citrulline (needed for normal protein metabolism) and L-carnitine (needed for fat metabolism). Lysine is crucial for the formation of collagen, a major part of the body's connective tissues and appears to help the body absorb and conserve calcium and may reduce its excretion. Lysine contributes to energy production when converted to acetyl coenzyme A, one of the principal fuels for the Krebs cycle. Lysine is needed for growth and to help maintain nitrogen balance in the body. L-lysine has many other functions in the body because it is incorporated into many proteins, which are used by the body for a variety of purposes. Lysine supports a healthy immune system. Like all NutraBio products, our L-Lysine features a fully transparent label with no hidden ingredients, no fillers, or other unnecessary ingredients.
- ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID - Lysine is an essential amino acid, meaning it must be obtained through diet or with supplements. Lysine helps maintain lean body mass, nitrogen balance, and supports recovery.
- AMINO ACID PRECURSOR - Lysine acts as a precursor for several amino acids, including L-Citrulline (needed for normal protein metabolism) and L-carnitine (needed for fat metabolism).
- COLLAGEN PRODUCTION - Lysine is crucial for the formation of collagen, a major part of the body's connective tissues and may help the body absorb calcium.
- HEALTHY IMMUNE SYSTEM - Lysine may reduce cold sores and other symptoms of herpes simplex according to some studies.
- WITHOUT COMPROMISE - NutraBio's L-Lysine HCL provides 1000mg of pure lysine per serving. No fillers or manufacturing excipients here. This product is also certified kosher, is non-GMO, gluten free, hypoallergenic, and suitable for vegetarians.