List Price: $34.99
Sale Price: $34.99
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Biltong is the South African version of Beef Jerky. Imagine if jerky and prosciutto had a baby. That baby would be biltong. It's more tender than traditional jerky and it has a pure beef taste. Ever since I was a little "laaitjie" in Pretoria, South Africa, playing around my grandfather's butchery I realized the potential of biltong. Oupa Dawie was a very disciplined, lovable butcher and respected hunter that made some of the "best biltong" in Pretoria. We would never leave without brown bags stuffed full of delicious dried meat for the ride home. In Africa, biltong is a household name, but I always felt that it was a taste that needs to be shared with the rest of the world.Many years later I found myself living as a programmer and part time musician in Brooklyn, NY. After I met and married Emily we started our journey together in an inspiring city. We both had hearts for South Africa and its people, culture and traditions. It became clear that presenting a product from there would be an excellent way to connect our love for our current neighborhood as well as SA. We made our first batch of biltong in 2012 as a snack for our wedding reception. None of our friends had tasted it before, but they met it with delighted tastebuds, and a demand for more! Their excitement in discovering Biltong led us to recognize the opportunity we had to make it more widely known. The company was built with two goals in mind: Introduce Biltong to America, and make a difference in our neighborhood while doing so. Businesses are in ideal positions to make widespread difference to the betterment of society, because their good deeds comes from their business passion. Biltong donation through City Harvest We established what we call 'Eat and Feed.' Because Biltong is a sustainable, protein-rich nutrient, we give away 10% of our profit in the form of actual Biltong to local Brooklyn organizations. We've most recently been donating to the homeless bus
- Ingredients:Coriander, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Apple Cider Vinegar, Water, Dehydrated Garlic, Spices, Spice Extractive, Extractive of Paprika
- No msg, No nitrates, No chemical preservatives, No additives or unnatural flavorings.
- Beef supplement for numerous dishes like salads, pizzas and sandwiches. Compliment a party platter or take it on the go. Biltong is your new best friend when it comes to cooking. Easily call on it in the morning with breakfast or at lunch for a power, energy boosting meal.
- High protein, low fat, all natural snack that's msg, gluten and nitrate free. Great for Paleo or growing toddlers. Biltong walks a distant path from jerky. It has no corn syrup or sugars. Why have a protein bar or diary milkshake in search of protein when you can indulge in pure meat?
- Our beef gets cut into strips and dipped into the marinade. It then gets sprinkled with Coriander, black pepper, and Allspice. These strips hang and dry for 3-6 days in our drying box. Strips are taken down and cut into the delicious bites you know and love!