Onnit Krill Oil - 1000mg Extra Strength Antarctic Krill Oil with Omega 3 DHA & EPA, Astaxanthin & Essential Phospholipids (120ct)
List Price: $54.95
Sale Price: $54.95
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
KRILL OIL VS. FISH OIL
Fish oil and krill oil both provide DHA and EPA. While fish oil also has high amounts of both essential omega-3s, there is an advantage to the DHA and EPA in krill. Whereas the omega-3s in fish oil are bound to triglycerides, in krill they are bound to phospholipids, making it simpler and easier for the intestines to absorb.
Krill oil contains astaxanthin, a potent carotenoid with a host of benefits to the body. In addition, it acts as a natural free radical scavenger helping ensure that krill oil is as fresh as can be when you take it.
Krill oil has a shorter lifespan than most fish and is harvested in pristine waters, minimizing its exposure to any oceanic toxins.
Choose Your Source of Omega-3s Wisely
Krill are oceanic omega-3 powerhouses. Omega-3s are essential fatty acids utilized by multiple systems in your body. "Essential" means your body can't produce them on its own, so you have to ingest them from food or a supplement. Omega-3s can be found in both fish and seeds but it's important to make sure you are getting them from the right source.
Foods like flax, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts contain the omega-3, ALA (alpha linolenic acid). But this is not the only omega-3 you're looking for. Your body does best with EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). ALA can convert to DHA, but at an extremely low rate - about 5%. It is mostly animal sources like fish and krill that contain DHA and EPA.
Eating seafood regularly is a good way to ensure you are getting EPA and DHA, however it comes with certain risks. Unfortunately due to contamination of many of our oceans, the longer the lifespan of the fish, the higher the potential for amounts of mercury, PCBs, and pesticides that accumulate in their tissue. This makes supplementing with krill an ideal choice.
- Includes 2 bottles of Onnit Krill Oil (60ct), for a total of 120 capsules.
- Krill oil contains essential fatty acids like DHA and EPA that your body can't produce on its own, as well as phospholipids and the important carotenoid, astaxanthin that aren't found in traditional fish oil. Supports cognitive, cardiovascular, heart, and joint health, making it a foundational supplement for Total Human Optimization.
- Krill is a tiny organism harvested from the icy cold waters of the Antarctic - far from industrial contamination. It has a shorter lifespan than most fish and is harvested in pristine waters, minimizing its exposure to any oceanic toxins.
- Omega-3s in Krill oil are simpler and easier for the intestines to absorb than fish oil because they are bound to phospholipids rather than triglycerides.
- Our supplier goes to great lengths to ensure only krill, a highly sustainable nutrient source, are caught and not other types of sea life. They've been certified by Friend of the Sea thanks to their commitment to being as sea-friendly as possible.