List Price: $30.95
Sale Price: $24.31
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Optimize Your Performance
When your entire body begins to burn, when the challenge has taken you to the max, fuel up with PowerGel Energy Gels. Each Gel is designed with 27 to 28 grams of PowerBar's C2MAX dual source energy blend, which can help deliver 20 to 50 percent* more energy to your muscles. Not only that, PowerGel Energy Gels have the most sodium** of any leading gel on the market.
in Strawberry Banana.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use PowerGel Energy Gels?
Those that push hard to break their physical boundaries.
Dedicated athletes use these products when they're looking for convenient fuel during endurance training and intense competition.
How do I use PowerGel Energy Gels?
On the field or on the road, tear open the package, drink, and chase with a few gulps of water.
PowerGel Energy Gels are designed to be used interchangeably with PowerBar Perform sports drink, a serious sports drink specifically developed by the sports nutrition experts at PowerBar. Both products are ideal before and during exercise, specifically for endurance training and sports. That's why you'll see committed cyclists, runners, and triathletes packing these gels when they're training.
- During competition, or training sessions lasting over an hour, consume 1 energy gel every 20 to 45 minutes during exercise, along with a few gulps of water.
- PowerGel Energy Gels are available with 25 mg or 50 mg of caffeine per gel pack (50 mg of caffeine is equal to about half a cup of coffee). This is important, because some athletes use caffeine strategically during long-duration events, either by preloading with caffeine just before competing, or by consuming caffeine throughout or in the later stages of an event. You can also get them caffeine-free if caffeine is not part of your regimen.
Do I need to mix the PowerGel Energy Gels with water?
You don't have to, but for best results, chase a PowerGel Energy Gel with a few gulps of water.
What are the nutritional benefits of PowerGel Energy Gels?
A PowerGel Energy Gel has the carbs and sodium of a sports drink in an easy-to-swallow gel that delivers convenient fuel to help optimize your performance.
Just like with PowerBar sports drinks, PowerGel Energy Gels are formulated with C2MAX, a 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20 to 50 percent more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improve endurance performance by 8 percent. Each gel packet provides 27 to 28 grams of carbs and 200 mg of sodium. These energy gels are designed to top off your glycogen stores just before exercise, and to help you refuel during intense exercise and training. The sodium in the gels, along with the fluids you consume, help to replace the sodium and fluids you lose as you sweat.
Do PowerGel Energy Gels contain caffeine?
Both caffeinated and non-caffeinated flavors are available.
Green Apple, Berry Blast, and Strawberry Banana deliver 25 mg of caffeine (equivalent to 8 ounces of a cola drink). Double Latte and Tangerine are double-caffeinated to deliver 50 mg caffeine (equal to about one half cup of coffee or 1 ounce of espresso) for the times you need double the hit. Raspberry Cream, Vanilla, and Kona Punch have no added caffeine.
I have food allergies. Can I eat PowerBar Energy Gels?
PowerGel Energy Gels are made on equipment that also process milk and soy. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, this product is not for you.
We encourage you to read the label for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
How should I store PowerGel Energy Gels?
For the best use, PowerGel Energy Gels should be kept between 40 to 80 degrees F.
How long will my PowerGel Energy Gel last?
Each PowerGel Energy Gel is stamped with a "best by" date.
We recommend that you use them by the "best by" date to ensure you're getting our best quality product and receiving the full nutritional benefits of the product.
*200mg sodium — compared to other leading gels that offer less than 75 mg per pouch.
**Currell K, Jeukendrup A. Superior Endurance Performance with Ingestion of Multiple Transportable Carbohydrates. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2008; 40: 275–281.
Other PowerBar Performance Products
- Contains 24 - 41g Packets
- Provides maximum energy to muscles with C2MAX
- Contains the most sodium of any leading gel
- Gluten Free
- Pack of 24 1.44-ounce packets of strawberry banana-flavored concentrated carbohydrate gel with caffeine (34.56 total ounces)
- Research-proven carbohydrate blend and electrolyte gel provide immediate energy delivery
- Contains 25 milligrams of caffeine, with 10 grams of sugar and 27 grams of total carbs in 110 calories
- High-end sports drink, in easy to carry individual foil packets
- PowerBar is committed to helping enhance the health and wellness of active individuals